Take 20% off your purchase of 3 or more patterns (excluding free patterns) with the discount code PatternBundle
Create a fun, fantasy friend who will perch on your shoulder with this shoulder dragon plush sewing pattern. This dragon stuffed animal is designed to sit nicely on a shoulder, but can also stand on its own which looks like it is jumping. It does not use wires or other armature so it remains perfectly snuggleable.
This pattern includes instructions to create 3 different dragon designs. The most basic is the plain dragon which includes no additional ornamentation. There is also a winged dragon which has 2 toned wings and spikes running down its back. The most difficult variation is the maned dragon which includes a fur mane running down its head and back and a fur puff at the end of its tail.
Find more fun patterns here: https://bit.ly/2JI7jaz
My shoulder dragon plush pattern with written instructions and accompanying photographs needed to create the 3 variations of the dragon. The pattern includes 1/4 of an inch seam allowance as well as showing exact sewing lines.
Your finished dragon will measure approximately 19 inches long and 6 inches tall, though the curved shape makes it difficult to measure exactly. It’s designed to sit on a shoulder.
Tools and Materials:
• Main Color Minky (~18x24 inches)
• Accent Color Minky (~18x16 inches)
• Faux Fur (~ 6x18 inches for maned dragon)
• 1 Pair 15mm Safety Eyes
• Matching Thread
• Stuffing / Stuffing Tool
• Sewing Needle / Sewing Machine
This is an advanced pattern. Comfortable knowledge of plush sewing will be required. Advanced techniques are used to attach the legs. The hardest part is sewing with slippery fabric with so many curves and the long, skinny shape of the dragon can cause problems. The different dragons may vary is difficulty level.
You may sell items with this pattern, provided that you credit the pattern design to BeeZeeArt. Under no circumstances may you redistribute, sell, or otherwise claim these patterns as your own.
I DO NOT offer refunds on digital downloads so please purchase accordingly.
Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
(This pattern is also licensed to simplicity as pattern #8715. If you own the Simplicity pattern, there is nothing new in this pattern. However, Simplicity creates their own pattern markings, writes their own instructions, and adds their own illustrations so there will be variations between the two patterns. One of the biggest differences is that I use step by step photos rather than illustrations which may be helpful if you're a more visual learner.)
Please read all policies carefully before purchasing.
- I accept all major credit cards at checkout as well as Paypal
- Processing will not begin on an order until payment clears
- I ship exclusively to the address provided during checkout
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing and packaging on all in stock items
- Made to Order items will require an additional creation time of approximately 1-2 weeks. This wait may be longer around major holidays.
- If you need your item to arrive before a specific day please let me know before placing your order .
- I ship exclusively through USPS which observes all federal holidays and may face delays due to extreme weather conditions
- Orders in the United States are shipped via USPS First Class (3-7 business days) unless Priority Shipping is purchased (1-3 business days)
- All domestic labels include USPS Delivery Confirmation and Tracking
- Please contact me before purchasing if you'd like to add signature confirmation at no additional cost
- International orders are shipped via USPS First Class International. Shipping time varies by location, but generally shipping takes 1-3 weeks (or 7-21 business days)
- Please be aware International customers are responsible for additional import taxes and/or fees before receiving their packages. These fees are determined by individual country's laws. You can contact your local customs office for estimates of these charges or for further information. If a package is returned to me due to refusal of customs charges, shipping will not be refunded.
- Tracking is not available to every location, please contact me before purchasing if this is a concern or to check for specific availability
RefundsI strive to produce high quality and lovable products. However, if you are unsatisfied for any reason, you are welcome to return your purchase for a full refund, minus the original cost of shipping. Items sold in person or digital items are not eligible for a refund. Here's some more information on my return policy:
- Your order must be returned within 30 days of delivery
- It is important that your returned items are in their original condition. This includes being free of rips, stains, pet hair, alterations, and any strong scents including cigarette smoke and perfume or anything else that may make the item ineligible for resale. I reserve the right to refuse a refund and destroy any items which aren't in their original condition.
- Please contact me and let me know you intend to return your purchase before doing so. Packages sent without prior warning may be refused.
- I will refund the original payment method once the item is delivered to me and I've inspected it.
- Return shipping is your responsibility, but I'm happy to help if you don't know where to get started. Simply purchasing this return shipping kit and follow the steps to receive a prepaid shipping label as well as additional packaging supplies. (US customers only, please).
- Items sold in person are non refundable.
- Gift cards are non refundable. Eligible purchased with gift cards can be returned for store credit, but there are no cash refunds.
- Digital downloads (all .PDF sewing patterns or pattern bundles) are non refundable. Please purchase accordingly.
Incorrect Addresses, Refused, or Unclaimed Packages
- Double check your address before placing your order to insure it is correct (including unit number, street suffix, etc)
- Please use your legal name as appearing on your government issued photo ID. This is in case you need to prove your identity to receive your package from the post office. I'm happy to ship to another name, but cannot be held responsible if you are unable to retrieve your package as a result
- Orders that are unclaimed, incorrectly address, refused, or otherwise returned to me will be refunded, minus the cost of shipping, once they are returned to my possession. If they are not returned, no refund will be offered.
Damaged or Not as Described Packages
- Should your item arrive significantly other than described (i.e. you ordered a purple animal and got a green one), please contact me as soon as possible and I will do what I can to make it right
- I am happy to provide a full refund or replacement for damaged packages, but please be aware that before any refund or replacement is sent I will require high quality photos of the damage to both the product and the packaging for insurance purposes
My Package Says It Was Delivered, but I Never Got It
- Once a package has been marked as delivered, it is considered delivered. I am not responsible for lost or stolen packages after delivery has taken place
- I suggest taking the following actions if this happens to you: 1. Speak with your family members and neighbors, they may have moved the package without telling you. 2. Check the area around your home thoroughly especially behind or under bushes, at all doors including side and back doors, and under/behind yard decorations. Some carriers like to hide packages to prevent theft. Check your mailbox as well. This may seem common sense, but many customers expect packages to be delivered to the porch and so they do not check their mailbox. Many of my plushies will fit in a mailbox and may be delivered there. 3. Call your local post office and ask them to look into it. In many cases, they can track the exact GPS location your package was delivered to. 4. If you still cannot locate your package it may have been stolen. If this happens you will need to report the theft. Contact your local police via the non emergency line and file a police report. Be sure to get the incident # and save this for your records. You can start the process of an online mail report with the postal inspector here (https://www.postalinspectors.uspis.gov/) or by phone at 877-876-2455 (press 3). If you need any information from me, please let me know.
- If mail theft is common in your area, please contact me before placing your order to request signature confirmation be added to your order for no additional charge (U.S. orders only).
- If you know you are going to be out of town, you can request a mail hold with USPS to reduce the likelihood of theft. You can do so at the following website: https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/
- Another option to reduce mail theft is to sign up for a PO box here: https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm
I'm a self-taught plushie maker, and I've always made my patterns myself. I was hesitant to buy another person's patterns, but I'm so glad that I did! Her instructions are so in depth, thorough, and she gives so many helpful tips along the way for materials, supplies, and just make-your-life-easier steps.
Wish I would have had these patterns to learn from a decade ago.
I bought this pattern just to learn how other plush makers do things, and it's been worth its weight in gold. I ended up using the leg patterns on this plush for a different dragon I was designing!
The pattern is well designed and very easy to follow. I would not recommend making the standard size with upholstery velvet (I made mine to match my Tudor gown) as it's a thorough going pain but that's in no way a reflection of the pattern quality. I'm looking forward to making more in other fabrics and sizes.
Such a well written pattern. So easy to resize. I made two dragons from this pattern for my nephew who absolutely loved them.
I found this pattern at JoAnn's and had to buy it. I decided to make 3 for my son's 2 step siblings and 1 half sibling. One day I brought one to work with me and showed it off, and then I had an order for 3 more. I had a thought of sewing in a magnet to help the dragon to stay on the shoulder, I sewn in a magnet in on the 3 i had an order for.
Because Minky is I found a trick, by using tear away interfacing, to help me sew the legs and horns. Also, I was able to machine sew the horns on, by using the technique of the legs. These tricks helped me, and I hope they help you too.
The PDF pattern and instructions are much better than the average toy pattern. Most of the time, I sew my own designs, and BeeZee Art patterns have clever tricks for creating clean, well-constructed shapes. I am inspired! Thanks for creating a fun, useable pattern.