This sewing pattern will help you create an adorable stuffed animal bat friend of your very own. These plush bats feature large ears and cute little faces. Unlike many other bat sewing patterns patterns, these bats are designed to sit up on their own rather than relying on string to hang them.
This pattern is a digital download and is in .PDF format.
Find more fun patterns here: https://bit.ly/2JI7jaz
Your .PDF download will include the bat pattern itself, printing instructions, suggested cutting layouts, 2 pages of sewing tips, and a step by step written tutorial along with accompanying full color photographs to help you complete your project.
The pattern includes both a 1/4 inch seam allowance and the exact sewing lines.
There is also a free video tutorial here: https://youtu.be/WasrzwZwofg
You do not need to purchase the pattern to view the video tutorial so if you are worried this project may not be suitable for you, you can watch the tutorial for an idea of what will be involved.
Your finished bat will be approximately 6 inches tall, 2.5 inches wide, and have a 12 inch wing span.
Tools and Materials You Will Need:
• Main Fabric - Minky ( 12.5 x 10 in )
• Accent Fabric - Cotton or Minky ( 8.5 x 8 in )
• 1 Pair 9mm Safety Eyes
• Poly-Pellets ( 1/8 Cup )
• Air Soluble Marking Pen
• Matching Thread
+ All other sewing supplies you may need for a regular sewing project including scissors, straight pins, sewing needles, and (optionally) a sewing machine.
This bat is a moderately difficult sewing project. You should have a comfortable knowledge of plush sewing. Techniques used include stitching in the ditch, sewing opposing curves, top stitching, sewing tiny pieces, and hand sewing.
You are free to sell items created with this pattern provided that you credit the pattern to BeeZeeArt. A link back to my site (www.BeeZeeArt.com) is greatly appreciated. You may not, under any circumstances, redistribute, sell, or otherwise claim this pattern, including associated photos, as your own.
You are purchasing a digital sewing pattern in .PDF format. This is not a finished product, a kit, or a printed pattern. No physical products will be sent to you. There are no refunds. Please purchase accordingly.
Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
Please read all policies carefully before purchasing.
- I accept all major credit cards at checkout as well as Paypal
- Processing will not begin on an order until payment clears
- I ship exclusively to the address provided during checkout
- Please allow 2-5 business days for processing, packaging, and shipping on all orders
- I ship exclusively through USPS which observes all federal holidays, is closed on Sunday, and may face delays due to extreme weather conditions
- Orders in the United States are shipped via USPS First Class (3-7 business days) unless Priority Shipping is purchased (1-3 business days)
- All domestic labels include USPS Delivery Confirmation and Tracking
- Please contact me before purchasing if you'd like to add signature confirmation at no additional cost
- International orders are shipped via USPS First Class International. Shipping time varies by location, but generally shipping takes 1-3 weeks (or 7-21 business days)
- International customers are responsible for any additional import taxes and/or fees. These fees are determined by individual country's laws so please be sure to know your local laws before purchasing.
- I apologize, but at this time I do not ship to the UK (due to their VAT laws) or Italy (which does not allow the import of plushies).
RefundsI strive to produce high quality and lovable products. However, if you are unsatisfied you are welcome to return your purchase for a refund minus the original cost of shipping. Items sold in person or digital items are not eligible for a refund. Here's some more information on my return policy:
- Contact me prior to initiating a return so I know to expect your package and it isn't accidentally refused
- Returns must be made within 30 days of delivery
- Your items must be in their original condition. This includes being free of rips and stains, pet hair, alterations, any strong scents including cigarette smoke and perfume, or anything else that may make the item ineligible for resale. Basically, it must look, feel, and smell exactly as it did brand new. I reserve the right to refuse a refund and destroy any items which aren't in their original condition.
- Refunds will be made to the original payment method only
- Return shipping is your responsibility, but I'm happy to help if you don't know where to get started. Simply purchasing this return shipping kit and follow the steps to receive a prepaid return shipping label as well as additional packaging supplies. (US customers only, please).
- Items sold in person are non refundable.
- Gift cards are non refundable. Eligible purchased with gift cards can be returned for store credit, but there are no cash refunds.
- Digital downloads (this includes all .PDF sewing patterns) are non refundable. Please purchase accordingly.
Incorrect Addresses, Refused, or Unclaimed Packages
- Orders that are unclaimed, incorrectly address, refused, or otherwise returned to me will be refunded, minus the cost of shipping, once they are returned to my possession. If they are not returned to me, no refund will be offered.
- One of the most common reasons packages are returned is a missing apartment number or road suffix
- When possible, please use your legal name as appearing on your government issued photo ID. If your package is held for any reason, you may need to prove your ID to retrieve it. I'm happy to ship to another name, but cannot be held responsible if you are unable to retrieve your package as a result.
Damaged or Not as Described Packages
- Should your item arrive significantly other than described (i.e. you ordered a purple animal and got a green one), please contact me as soon as possible and I will do what I can to make it right
- I am happy to provide a full refund or replacement for damaged packages, but please be aware that before any refund or replacement is sent I will require high quality photos of the damage to both the product and the packaging for insurance purposes.
- If your item is damaged you MUST retain the damaged item, packaging, and all the contents of the package which includes packaging materials like tissue paper. Do not discard these unless instructed to do so as they may need to be presented to USPS as proof of damage if they decide the photos are not sufficient
Stolen or Missing Packages
- Unfortunately once a package has been marked as delivered, it is considered delivered. I am not responsible for lost or stolen packages after delivery has taken place
- I suggest taking the following actions if this happens to you: 1. Speak with your family members and neighbors, they may have moved the package without telling you. 2. Check the area around your home thoroughly especially behind or under bushes, at all doors including side and back doors, and under/behind yard decorations. Some carriers like to hide packages to prevent theft. Check your mailbox as well. This may seem common sense, but many customers expect packages to be delivered to the porch and so they do not check their mailbox. Many of my plushies will fit in a mailbox and may be delivered there. 3. Call your local post office and ask them to look into it. In many cases, they can track the exact GPS location your package was delivered to. 4. If you still cannot locate your package it may have been stolen. If this happens you will need to report the theft. Contact your local police via the non emergency line and file a police report. Be sure to get the incident # and save this for your records.
- You can start the process of an online stolen mail report with the postal inspector here (https://www.postalinspectors.uspis.gov/) or by phone at 877-876-2455 (press 3). If you need any information from me, please let me know.
- If mail theft is common in your area, please contact me before placing your order to request signature confirmation be added to your order for no additional charge (U.S. orders only).
- If you know you are going to be out of town, you can request a mail hold with USPS to reduce the likelihood of theft. You can do so at the following website: https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/
- Another option to reduce mail theft is to sign up for a PO box here: https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm
The finished product is wonderful. The sewing is difficult as stated in the instructions. If you are a newbie to plush animal sewing as I am you will find it easier to enlarge the pattern. Once you are comfy with your abilities then I would suggest moving to the small version. Your instructions and accompanying photos were a great help!
This was my first plushie!! Between the pattern and the video I was able to make an adorable bat with very minimal sewing skills! My bats are by no means perfect, but as a beginner I was amazed I was able to make something so cute :)
I was intimidated at first, I sew a bit so not really a beginner but not highly skilled either, it is definitely tricky but worth the efforts! I watched the video tutorial a couple times before starting and it really helped, particularly the tips about ear placement and how to handle the double dart for the bats tush. I made my first attempt using the standard size and it turned out really cute, but kind of wonky in the face as I struggled with the small pieces. My second attempt (pictured) was scaled up to 125% and was much more successful, its still very petite and cute but that little extra was enough to make a big difference in how easy the project was. I look forward to making many more of these!
Such a great easy tip follow pattern. I live these little guys and her video is super helpful if you get stuck at all.