Shoulder Dragon Plush Sewing Pattern, Stuffed Animal Pattern, PDF File, Digital Download
Create a fun, fantasy friend who will perch on your shoulder with this shoulder dragon plush sewing pattern. This dragon stuffed animal is designed to sit nicely on a shoulder, but can also stand on its own which looks like it is jumping. It does not use wires or other armature so it remains perfectly snuggleable.
This pattern includes instructions to create 3 different dragon designs. The most basic is the plain dragon which includes no additional ornamentation. There is also a winged dragon which has 2 toned wings and spikes running down its back. The most difficult variation is the maned dragon which includes a fur mane running down its head and back and a fur puff at the end of its tail.
Find more fun patterns here: https://bit.ly/2JI7jaz
My shoulder dragon plush pattern with written instructions and accompanying photographs needed to create the 3 variations of the dragon. The pattern includes 1/4 of an inch seam allowance as well as showing exact sewing lines.
Your finished dragon will measure approximately 19 inches long and 6 inches tall, though the curved shape makes it difficult to measure exactly. It’s designed to sit on a shoulder.
Tools and Materials:
• Main Color Minky (~18x24 inches)
• Accent Color Minky (~18x16 inches)
• Faux Fur (~ 6x18 inches for maned dragon)
• 1 Pair 15mm Safety Eyes
• Matching Thread
• Stuffing / Stuffing Tool
• Sewing Needle / Sewing Machine
This is an advanced pattern. Comfortable knowledge of plush sewing will be required. Advanced techniques are used to attach the legs. The hardest part is sewing with slippery fabric with so many curves and the long, skinny shape of the dragon can cause problems. The different dragons may vary is difficulty level.
You may sell items with this pattern, provided that you credit the pattern design to BeeZeeArt. Under no circumstances may you redistribute, sell, or otherwise claim these patterns as your own.
I DO NOT offer refunds on digital downloads so please purchase accordingly.
Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.
(This pattern is also licensed to simplicity as pattern #8715. If you own the Simplicity pattern, there is nothing new in this pattern. However, Simplicity creates their own pattern markings, writes their own instructions, and adds their own illustrations so there will be variations between the two patterns. One of the biggest differences is that I use step by step photos rather than illustrations which may be helpful if you're a more visual learner.)
Please read all policies carefully before purchasing.
- I accept all major credit cards at checkout as well as Paypal
- Processing will not begin on an order until payment clears
- I ship to the address provided during checkout
- Please allow 2-5 business days for processing, packaging, and shipping on all orders, orders will not ship same day
- I ship exclusively through USPS which observes all federal holidays, is closed on Sunday, and may face delays due to extreme weather conditions
- Orders in the United States are shipped via USPS First Class (3-7 business days) unless Priority Shipping is purchased (1-3 business days)
- All domestic labels include USPS Delivery Confirmation and Tracking
- Please contact me before purchasing if you'd like to add signature confirmation at no additional cost
- International orders are shipped via USPS First Class International. Shipping time varies by location, but generally shipping takes 1-3 weeks (or 7-21 business days)
- International customers are responsible for any additional import taxes and/or fees. These fees are determined by individual country's laws so please be sure to know your local laws before purchasing.
- I apologize, but I do not ship to the UK, any country within the EU, Italy, Brazil, or Mexico.
RefundsI strive to produce high quality and lovable products. However, if you are unsatisfied you are welcome to return your purchase for a refund minus the original cost of shipping. Items sold in person or digital items are not eligible for a refund. Here's some more information on my return policy:
- Contact me prior to initiating a return so I know to expect your package and it isn't accidentally refused
- Returns must be made within 30 days of delivery
- Your items must be in their original condition. This includes being free of rips and stains, pet hair, alterations, any strong scents including cigarette smoke and perfume, or anything else that may make the item ineligible for resale. Basically, it must look, feel, and smell exactly as it did brand new. I reserve the right to refuse a refund and destroy any items which aren't in their original condition.
- Refunds will be made to the original payment method only
- Return shipping is your responsibility, but I'm happy to help if you don't know where to get started. Simply purchasing this return shipping kit and follow the steps to receive a prepaid return shipping label as well as additional packaging supplies. (US customers only, please).
- Items sold in person are non refundable.
- Gift cards are non refundable. Eligible purchased with gift cards can be returned for store credit, but there are no cash refunds.
- Digital downloads (this includes all .PDF sewing patterns) are non refundable. Please purchase accordingly.
Incorrect Addresses, Refused, or Unclaimed Packages
- Orders that are unclaimed, incorrectly address, refused, or otherwise returned to me will be refunded, minus the cost of shipping, once they are returned to my possession. If they are not returned to me, no refund will be offered.
- One of the most common reasons packages are returned is a missing apartment number or road suffix
- When possible, please use your legal name as appearing on your government issued photo ID. If your package is held for any reason, you may need to prove your ID to retrieve it. I'm happy to ship to another name, but cannot be held responsible if you are unable to retrieve your package as a result.
Damaged or Not as Described Packages
- Should your item arrive significantly other than described (i.e. you ordered a purple animal and got a green one), please contact me as soon as possible and I will do what I can to make it right
- I am happy to provide a full refund or replacement for damaged packages, but please be aware that before any refund or replacement is sent I will require high quality photos of the damage to both the product and the packaging for insurance purposes.
- If your item is damaged you MUST retain the damaged item, packaging, and all the contents of the package which includes packaging materials like tissue paper. Do not discard these unless instructed to do so as they may need to be presented to USPS as proof of damage if they decide the photos are not sufficient
Stolen or Missing Packages
- Unfortunately once a package has been marked as delivered, it is considered delivered. I am not responsible for lost or stolen packages after delivery has taken place
- I suggest taking the following actions if this happens to you: 1. Speak with your family members and neighbors, they may have moved the package without telling you. 2. Check the area around your home thoroughly especially behind or under bushes, at all doors including side and back doors, and under/behind yard decorations. Some carriers like to hide packages to prevent theft. Check your mailbox as well. This may seem common sense, but many customers expect packages to be delivered to the porch and so they do not check their mailbox. Many of my plushies will fit in a mailbox and may be delivered there. 3. Call your local post office and ask them to look into it. In many cases, they can track the exact GPS location your package was delivered to. 4. If you still cannot locate your package it may have been stolen. If this happens you will need to report the theft. Contact your local police via the non emergency line and file a police report. Be sure to get the incident # and save this for your records.
- You can start the process of an online stolen mail report with the postal inspector here (https://www.postalinspectors.uspis.gov/) or by phone at 877-876-2455 (press 3). If you need any information from me, please let me know.
- If mail theft is common in your area, please contact me before placing your order to request signature confirmation be added to your order for no additional charge (U.S. orders only).
- If you know you are going to be out of town, you can request a mail hold with USPS to reduce the likelihood of theft. You can do so at the following website: https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/
- Another option to reduce mail theft is to sign up for a PO box here: https://www.usps.com/manage/po-boxes.htm
Here's a list of the most common questions I'm asked. They're broken up into sections on pricing, item availability, pattern info, store policies, materials and supplies, conventions, and other questions.
Please be sure to check here for answers before sending me a message.
♥ PRICING ♥
How much is this plushie?
Product prices are all shown on my website. If the item is not currently available I do not generally discuss future pricing as this may be subject to change.
How much are your patterns? Why do the prices vary?
My patterns currently range in price from $4-$12. Prices reflect the quality of the pattern itself and the complexity of the instructions. Older patterns which do not include seam allowance, for example, may be priced lower than more current patterns which include more information.
Why are your items priced differently on Etsy vs. your online store?
Etsy charges a 5% fee, 20 cent listing fee, and a 12-15% fee on item sold via ads (or within 30 days of clicking an ad). This is on top of the fees charged for credit card processing. Unfortunately I have had to raise my prices on items sold there to cover the increased costs. I do not have these fees when selling via my own store so you'll always find cheaper prices when purchasing directly from me.
Why are your plushies so expensive?
My plushies are priced fairly for what they are: Handmade, high quality products from an artist with a decade of professional sewing experience. The price reflects this. This is also a fairly rude question to ask so please don't be that person who asks artists this.
Do you do wholesale?
No, I do not offer wholesale pricing.
Do you ever have sales?
Yes, I have infrequent sales throughout the year that are announced via social media.
♥ ITEM AVAILBILITY ♥
How do I buy your plushies?
I release my plushies in batches at once called a shop update. You will need to be online and ready at the day and time of the update and then fully complete checkout to purchase a plush (there are no cart holds or reservations).
When will your next shop update be?
If there is an update coming it will be announced via social media along with posts of the items available. You can also find a section for shop updates on the main page of my website.
Is this plush still available?
My full stock of available plushies is always in my online store at www.beezeeart.com. If it is not listed there or it is sold out, it is not available.
When will X item be be back in stock?
I do not have a set schedule for when, or if, certain items will be made available again. You'll just need to keep checking back! You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @BeeZeeArt, I always post previews there before items are available.
Will you ever make.... ?
Pretty much anything you can think of I've probably considered making! It's just a matter of time. My idea list is so long one person could never finish it in a lifetime.
Do you take commissions?
No, I do not.
Do you do customs?
Every once in awhile I will take orders for custom colored bats for a limited time. This will be announced via social media in advance. Other than that, I do not.
Can you tell me when X plush is available again?
This is not a service I offer, it would not be viable for me to individually message everyone who asks for this.
♥ PATTERN INFORMATION ♥
Can I sell products made from your patterns?
Yes! You are free to sell things from my patterns as long as you provide proper credit and don't use my patterns for mass production. (For more information on crediting, please visit this blog post)
How do I download a pattern?
Download links are available after completing checkout and will be emailed to you (You may need to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org or check your spam folders after purchase). See more info in this blog post: https://beezeeart.com/blogs/beezeeartblog/digital-download-fa
Do you offer printed versions of your patterns?
No, my patterns are only available digitally. If you don't have a printer at home I highly recommend checking with your local library as they often have low cost printing available. Another option is to have it printed by Staples and either shipped to your home (they have free ground shipping) or picked up in store. This is one of the cheapest options available.
I see someone selling something that looks like your products!
That's probably fine! I do allow people to sell products made from my patterns, but please let me know if you see the following: Someone who is using my images, someone who claims my design is their own unique pattern, or someone impersonating me. (I only sell through my official website, my Etsy store, or in person)
I see someone selling your Shoulder Dragon pattern!
I licensed my shoulder dragon pattern to Simplicity. If someone is selling the original pattern from Simplicity that's perfectly okay. (You can even see my original logo on the cover in the lower right corner) However, if you see someone selling a digital copy or a scanned and re-printed version of the Simplicity pattern, please let me know so that I can put a stop to it. Neither of those things are okay!
Do I need a sewing machine for your patterns?
No, a sewing machine does not do anything that can't be done by hand. However, you'll need to be well practiced with hand sewing to achieve the same results as a sewing machine. You can find more info about hand sewing my patterns here: https://beezeeart.com/blogs/beezeeartblog/do-i-need-a-sewing-machine
♥ STORE POLICIES ♥
I have a question about your policies?
I have a whole page just for my policies, you can find them all at https://beezeeart.com/pages/policies
Do you offer returns?
Yes, the item must be returned within 30 days of delivery and be in their original condition, you can find more info on my policies page. Digital products or custom products, however, are not refundable.
Do you ship to my country? How much will it be?
I ship to any country except the UK, countries in the EU, and Italy. All prices are calculated at checkout.
♥ MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES ♥
What type of fabric do you use?
I generally use minky, this is the soft fluffy fabric that you see mostly commonly. Specifically, Shannon brand minky is my favorite. I also regularly use cotton for the wings of my bats.
Where do you get your fabric from?
A variety of places including Fabric.com, Field's Fabric, Joanns, local stores, and other online retailers.
Where is your galaxy fabric, batritto fabric, or other unique fabrics from?
I have these custom printed from Spoonflower. My custom designs are not available to the public.
What kind of sewing machine do you have?
I use a Pfaff Performance 5.0. Any embroidery is done on a Pfaff creative 1.5.
What are those things I see in your videos that look like scissors, but they pinch together instead?
Those are hemostats! They're a medical tool I use to turn fabric right side out and stuff my plushies.
Where do you buy your safety eyes?
I generally purchase from CrsCrafts, GlassEyesOnline, or 6060eyes.
What kind of stuffing do you use?
I use Fairfield's polyfill primarily or Morning Glory's cluster stuff.
What do you use to scent your plushies?
I use aroma beads which are a type of plastic pellet that can absorb scented oils and remains the same size and dry to the touch. You can find more info on scented plushies here.
What do you use to weight your plushies?
I use Fairfield's polypellets for light to moderate weight and glass beads for heavier weight. I have a blog post all about weighting plushies.
What do you use to make your plushies crinkle?
It is generally called either crinkle material or phonic filler. It's just a layer of plastic which can be sewn or stuffed inside plushies. It's most commonly used for dog toys and baby toys.
How do you put magnets in your plushies?
I usually make a little pouch for them and sew it inside the plush itself. I may use a tiny bit of glue to attach it, but I try to avoid it. For smaller plushies, they're just lose in the plush.
How do you take your photos and videos?
I have a Canon EOS Rebel t6i I use for product photography, pattern steps, and video tutorials. Otherwise I tend to use my cell phone.
♥ CONVENTIONS ♥
Were you at X Con?
Maybe! I do attend anime conventions, but mostly exclusively in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio. If you have seen my products at any other conventions, you've probably seen someone selling products created from my patterns.
Will you be at X Con?
I keep a running list of conventions on my homepage. If there are none listed, I have none planned for the foreseeable future. If you'd like to see me at a specific con, be sure to let the show runners and myself know! (Note: Due to the current pandemic, all in person events have been cancelled for the safety of myself and my customers. You will not see me at any in person events until I feel it is safe to do so. The section for upcoming events has been removed as a result)
How do I credit you for a pattern design when selling in person?
A good option is to put "pattern by BeeZeeArt" on the back side of your price tags. If your items are not individually priced, you can add it to the sign with your prices or make a small sign to place nearby. It's important to still provide credit when at in person events to avoid confusion as others may be selling products made from the same patterns. In addition, some events are aware of my patterns and may remove sellers who are not transparent with their customers about their pattern source.
♥ OTHER QUESTIONS ♥
I have a problem with my order.
I'm sorry to hear that, please send me an email (email@example.com) to discuss the specifics. Be sure to include your order number.
Can I use your photos?
You may post and share my photos for non-commercial use only if you include proper credit and a link back to my store or social media. Failure to provide proper credit may result in a DMCA takedown from me to have them removed.
You may not claim the images as your own or make any claims over the rights of the images and you may not make false statements about the products in the images like claiming they are for sale when they are not.
I do not allow my photos to be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances (even with credit provided) so if you're selling items made from my patterns you need to take your own photos.
Will you donate your products to my cause?
No. I am a small business with an extremely limited budget. In addition, I make it a point to personally only donate to registered 501(c)3 charities whose values align with my own and who I have done research on. Unsolicited social media messages for donations will be ignored.
I am an influencer, can I get a free product in exchange for a review, post, etc?
I do not provide free products in exchange for reviews. If you would like to feature my work, you are welcome to purchase my products at full price.
Do you have any advise for people who want to get into sewing?
Mostly just the lame "practice" answer. Really, though. Practice is what separates professionals from beginners.
How do you start your own business?
This is really way to big of a question for me to answer and it's going to vary a lot based on your location and individual needs so you may want to ask Google this one or contact your local small business association.
Despite never sewing a plush before, I found the instructions really easy to follow! I still need a lot of practice, but I love making them.
Love this pattern as it makes Dragons of just the right size and easy to follow - thank You!
I love how quick and easy this cute shoulder dragon came together. The directions and pictures were very clear and easy to follow. My daughter was so happy when I gave it to her. I have already been asked to make two more! Thanks for a great pattern!
It was a lot easier to buy and print than to get it from the local sewing store.
The instructions were very easy to follow, I didn't need to watch a sew-along video and I was able to modify the pattern easily to suit my needs (longer tail). I have ended up making 2 so far. I ended up adding a zip along the back as well for handy storage
Although you indicated the difficulty of this project, it would have been helpful to include notes on the difficult steps. My 13-year-old granddaughter was able to complete a dragon but it was very difficult with the fabric she selected.